Our Amazing Team
It’s estimated that we will spend around one third of our whole life at work, so let’s make it somewhere we want to be! At ATI we work hard to create an professional close-knit atmosphere. We are all proud to commit our absolute best selves to providing holidays of a lifetime, whilst growing as people and making lifelong friends along the way.
We will advertise any open vacancies on our Facebook page, but please feel free to email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Mission & Vision – to offer our guests the best possible experience of Namibia, to encourage their love of Namibia and Africa, of nature and of travel, and to open their eyes to the intrinsic value and unique beauty of Earth’s wild places. To achieve this mission with minimal negative impact and maximum positive impact on the earth, its wildlife, and people. To ensure our business uplifts communities & conservation projects by incorporating financial donations & volunteer hours, and by focusing on lodges with proven sustainable credentials.
All our team are expected to adhere to our ‘Pirate Code’ underlining the morals and ethics of the company. These include always being kind, honest, and consistent in our business dealings, prioritising Namibia’s conservation projects, communities, and businesses, and focusing on building positive relationships with suppliers, agents, and guests.
Anyone hoping to join our team needs a positive outlook on life, pride in what they do, and confidence that they can become an integral part of the ATI Holidays team. You must be able to learn quickly, be aware what is happening in the wider world, be curious and open-minded, and have a desire to be the best at whatever you do in life.
At ATI we pride ourselves in offering the among the best salary and benefits packages in the industry, with training and growth opportunities for everyone. Among the many benefits of becoming part of our team are:
- All our salaries, including for our cleaners and junior office staff, are above the Namibian ‘living wage’ indicator.
- As we are a small company, everyone has the chance to learn about the way each department works together to create the whole. Nobody works in isolation, you will gain valuable insight into tour operations at every level.
- All our team have the opportunity to move departments if they would like to, as opportunities arise. We have a senior manager who started in the admin department, consultants who moved to marketing and training roles, and administrators who have become consultants.
- Consultants receive a generous commission on every booking they see through from beginning to end.
- ‘Thirteenth cheques’ or a similar annual bonus have always been paid out, with the exception of the Covid years.
- We pay 100% medical aid cover for all staff and their immediate family, usually on the Bronze NHP scheme but this can be negotiated depending on each individual’s requirements.
- We pay 6% into an Old Mutual pension savings scheme which also covers our team for death and permanent disability.
- We offer housing allowance built into our packages, thereby reducing individual PAYE tax liabilities.
- All staff are entitled to apply for up to 5 days of study leave per year, provided that the course they pursue is relevant to the industry, and that they pass the exams!
- All staff (not only consultants…) are able to apply for educational stays at the amazing lodges we sell, all the way through Namibia to Botswana, Victoria Falls, South Africa, and of course Mauritius!
- Consultants receive 24 days annual leave per year, 4 more than the national requirement.
- Consultants have Friday afternoon off after their week of Saturday morning and emergency phone duty.
- We have an agreement with Nedbank that employees who have been with us for over a year qualify for a lifestyle improvement loan which we deduct from their monthly salary. This enables them to be approved for a loan towards a home, car, or other major expense which may otherwise not be possible.
- Ongoing staff training and career development is very important to us, and we’re always looking for opportunities to offer worthwhile and fun inclusive sessions (for instance The Uncertainty Experts which focusses on overcoming anxiety and harnessing the creativity in uncertainty).
- We host a weekly hour-long rooftop yoga/breath work/ meditation class every Tuesday morning in work time, and we encourage our whole team to take advantage of this to help de-stress.
- We have a volunteer program whereby every staff member takes one working day per month to help out at a local charitable project of their choice. So far these include SPCA, Physically Active Youth, Hope for Life, Megameno, and the Windhoek Public Library.
- Not to boast too much, but we do have the loveliest office in town. Open plan, modern, light, and full of plants, the workspace allows people to share ideas and knowledge as well as developing camaraderie and friendships.
- Our team can help themselves to freshly ground coffee, a variety of teas, and cold filtered water. We have a fridge, kettle, and microwave and are close to local shops and the centre of town for lunch breaks.
- Our roof-top bar is the scene of many an after-work social and has a great urban sundown view!
**And of course we enjoy lots of team building, including winning industry quiz nights!
Welcome to our briefing corner
We meet all our guests arriving in Windhoek either at their overnight accommodation, or in our office if they are driving straight out of town. We spend time going through their extensive info pack and marked road map, make sure their hire car is ship-shape, and answer any last-minute questions they have. We make restaurant and activity bookings, and offer expert advice on how to get the most out of their Namibian experience. We love meeting the people we’ve spent so much time tailoring a holiday for, and it’s a chance for us to share in that initial excitement of arriving in a foreign land ready to embark on a new adventure!